Sunday, August 14, 2011

once again

Tonight, after a few various and sundry things, I realize it's time to recap our little Costa Rican missions trip before the memories get  fuzzy.  So many things in life are fuzzy.  I'm weary of fuzzy.  However, it's almost tomorrow.. again.  Metaphorically, literally, metaphysically..but I must be more concise!
   Here are some little tidbits summed up from my journal that strike me tonight....
-the hearts of the Christians we worked with for their coworkers' marriages and eternal destinies; marriage being a perfect door to seeing the need of heart change
- how much running around missionary work involves!  these are some busy people!
-how God speaks through those who submit to Him completely, not trusting in themselves or their abilities, but trusting in God and His ability to work through them (being a bit on the shy side, I completely struggle here)
-how much people serving God rely on cell phones!!!
-Manuel Antonio! um.  "need" to vacation there at some point.  WOW.
-missions work is so very very relational.  this is challenging for an introvert like me. What I would give to have something to say out loud even once in a while...!
-How helpless I aways feel next to the local Christians who are doing the work with God and really got it covered without me
-It's amazing how a college graduate can forget what a sword is.  Never mind the fact that over 100 kids were playing with an equal number of balloon swords all around me at the time.  it's so good that translators don't just translate. where was my armor?
-um.  amazing skill at grilling and making yummy food and fixing... and yes, men are the grill masters in CR too.  and women do the rest.
-um.  the Pacific is really nice.(maybe not with a nearby lightening storm next time...)
-God bless modern medicine
-little me and the gang bummin around the rain-forest barefoot and con camera
-black Iguana, green iguana.  totally missed the cappuccin monkey and the very fast "flashes" that looked like  small wild cats..!! aaagghhh!
-amazingly adorable and sweet kids of the families we served with.
-sweet baby Christian being used while the King changes someone's eternal destiny!
-the subway at Jaco times 2.
-amazing hospitality and another defeat of the gringos... in soccer.
-fire ants!!!!
-coffee.
- such a greatful, loving, friendly (deep friendship) culture.  I have so much to learn.
-green coconut juice.  really.  I need to move to the tropics. (really all the juices are superb! blackberry. ..prickly pear..all the tropical stuff... you name it)
-great hotel rooms.  this country knows what tourists like.
-the great honor of serving other Christians.
-having much or having little.  same Joy. or do those with little have greater joy?
-moving a missionary family... not quite what it would look like in the states...
-THE national soccer stadium.
-why am I so hesitant to ask for help? and never want to accept it when offered?  really.  it's ridiculous.
-speaking truth- good truth into our lives.
-Walmart and monopoly
+Ministry is all the time, everywhere.
+Always be ready and looking for the opportunities God will give if we but see them.
+Time to step up my game another notch or three
+the unity and purpose of the children's workers at the local church
+the comradery of the local team
+the beauty of the wives' inner strength
+the wonderfulness of their children
+Let people help you
+Don't worry about what you can't do, do what you can do and trust God all the time whether in or outside of "your" skill set or gift.
-Roman Catholic bascillica

That's it so far.  Once again I'm facing the challenge of what to do with the experiences my Creator gives me.  Once again, I'm hoping to see and follow.. not stagnate.

No comments:

Post a Comment